Your music can be delivered to digital stores and streaming platforms by:

• a distributor

• a record label working with a distributor

 

Here are the 10 most popular distributors

  1. CD Baby

  2. Distrokid

  3. ReverbNation

  4. LANDR

  5. Tunecore

  6. RouteNote

  7. OneRPM

  8. Ditto Music

  9. Fresh Tunes

  10. Musicinfo

 

Each service is unique, so you should try to learn more info before picking one. Most charge a fee or commission. All of them handle all the licensing and distribution, and pay your streaming royalties.

Here is a very nice youtube video that compares 4 distribution Services: Cd Baby, Tunecore, Distrokid, OneRPM:

 

 

Remember that, in order to upload your tracks, you need album artwork, which must follow these specifications: Size: 3000 x 3000 pixels, File Format: .jpg, Color Format: RGB. Our website provides artwork files with these specifications, so that you can immediately start distributing. Explore our galleries.

In 2018, music streaming accounted for 47% of all global music industry revenues. Add the 12% market share of digital sales, and digital distribution plus streaming account for a total of 59% of all music industry revenues that year. Physical sales held 25% of market share.

It is believed that streaming will continue to increase over the next 10 years, leaving only a 5% or less to physical music sales.